[TRNSYS-users] parametric table with type 56

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Tue Nov 8 08:07:34 PST 2005

Dear Christophe:

Unfortunately, the renaming of the output files only occurs in files
that have the same file name as the input file.

An alternative could be to take advantage of the possibility that TRNSYS
can be run from the command line.  If you type 'TRNExe.exe  Input.dck',
TRNSYS will start and execute the input file Input.dck  This alternative
allows you to run batch files.  For example, you can have in your batch
file:

"C:\Program Files\Trnsys16\Exe\TRNExe.exe" "C:\Program
Files\Trnsys16\MyProjects\input1.dck" /N
"C:\Program Files\Trnsys16\Exe\TRNExe.exe" "C:\Program
Files\Trnsys16\MyProjects\input2.dck" /N

In this case, TRNSYS will start and run input1.dck, close, open again
and run input2.dck.  The command /N tells TRNSYS not to display the
dialog box at the end of the simulation.

This may not be the cleanest solution, since you will have to create the
input files by hand, but I do not know of another way to work out this
problem.
Please let me know if you need additional information of how to
implement this.
Best regards,

Diego