[TRNSYS-users] How to use windows not included in database ?

David Bradley [SEL] dbradley at engr.wisc.edu
Mon May 9 13:44:09 PDT 2005

Dear Christophe,
  The short answer to your question is that in order to create new
glazing systems for use in TRNBuild/Type56 you do have to run WINDOW
5.x, enter the window data, and then generate a "DOE2" style report. The
text of that report is then pasted into the W4-lib.dat file and into the
prgwin.dat file so that TRNBuild can access it. I wrote a tutorial on
the process, which I will send to you as soon as I can. I am away from
my main computer at the moment and do not have the file with me. One
other thing that you might do is to look at your hemispherical data and
see if it matches closely with one of the preexisting glazing systems in
the TRNSYS data base. If it does, then you can use that glazing system
as the basis for your window and modify the default frame, spacer, etc.
of that glazing system from inside TRNBuild.
Kind regards,
  David

Enertech wrote:

> Dear TRNSYS Users,
>
> In TRNBUILD I would like to use windows not included in databases. So
> I think I should use the program WINDOW 5.2 and OPTICS 5.1 to obtain
> the spectral data of my window. I don't really understand how to use
> these programs. I don't want to define all the elements of my window
> precisely, I don't know them exactly. I have hemispherical datas
> according to the norm EN410 and I would like to obtain spectral datas
> like in the database of TRNBUILD. Is it possible ? If not, I would
> like to understand how to use windows not included in the database ?
>
> Can anyone help me ?
>
> Thanks,
> Christophe.
> ===========================
> ENERTECH
> F-26160 FELINES SUR RIMANDOULE
> tel-fax : 04 75 90 18 54
> Email : sidler at club-internet.fr
> Web  : http://perso.club-internet.fr/sidler

David BRADLEY
Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin, Madison
1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI  53706

Ph: +1 608 263 1589
Fax: +1 608 262 8464