[TRNSYS-users] error 23

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Thu Mar 17 08:05:50 PST 2005

Geoffrey,

As Werner noted, the ".TPF" file you sent is actually a deck file and we
cannot run that deck file.

The only strange thing I could find by looking at the deck (actually
importing it in the Studio) is that you apparently assigned a variable
defined in an equation (DAYSIM) to the logical unit of a data reader (Lux).
Logical units cannot be defined in equations, and in TRNSYS 16 you
actually do not need to care at all about them if you are using the
Studio. A unique number will be assigned to each logical unit when you
drag a new component to the project or when you paste it. Now that you
have changed that value, the easiest way to force the studio to reassign
a unique identifier is to set it to 30 and then replace the component
with itself (so you don't have to redo all connections).

If this is enough to fix your problem, then please send me a zip file
with all the files required to run the project, so we can improve error
detection in similar cases.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu