[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS Message 441 and 437

pietro finocchiaro finocchiaro at dream.unipa.it
Thu Jun 30 02:03:55 PDT 2005

Dear TRNSYS users,

I made a project of a solar cooling system and it seems to correctly run
during a yearly simulation, but in the list file appear a lot of
warnings like the following:

TRNSYS Message    441 : The inputs to the listed units have not
converged at this timestep. The values at the last iteration will be
used and the simulation will proceed.
    Reported information  : UNITS: 40  24  23  25  41  27  52
If I modify the simulation start and stop time in order to a have a
shorter period of time, the simulation give a enormous but different
numbers of warnings and the following error:
*** Warning at time       :      4144.000000
    Generated by Unit     :    45
    Generated by Type     :    16
    TRNSYS Message    437 : The total radiation calculated for one of
the surfaces has exceeded the solar constant. The component solar
quantities (beam and diffuse) have been adjusted such that the sum is
equal to the solar constant
    Reported information  : Sloped Surface Radiation Error

*** Fatal Error at time   :      4144.000000
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
    TRNSYS Message    450 : The maximum number of warnings allowed per
simulation has been exceeded. Please fix these warnings or increase the
limit on the number of warnings allowed per simulation (LIMITS command)
    Reported information  : Not available

I’m not able to locate the problem. I think it has no sense to increase
the maximum number of warnings allowed per simulation..
Thanks to all,

Pietro Finocchiaro
Dipartimento di Ricerche Energetiche ed Ambientali
Università di Palermo
Tel: +39 (0)91 236277
E-mail: finocchiaro at dream.unipa.it