[TRNSYS-users] How to compose a new Type component for iterative calculation?

Yun aquila at sabine.pln.archi.tohoku.ac.jp
Fri Jun 24 23:46:22 PDT 2005

Dear TRNSYS user

I want to compose a new component deals with the re-cyclic data
flow.  It means that the component should produce the optimized
output for met the pre-defined range.  For an example, the
operating rate(Actual value) of an exhaust fan in Type157(COMIS)
 should have to be controlled according to not only the indoor
pollutant concentration but also the infiltration airflow rate
for optimizing the operating condition of fan in terms of energy
 saving.  In this case, the pollutant concentration from Type157
 should be linked to the inputs of the component that pursues
the optimized condition of fan for met the standard of pollutant
 concentration.  Of course, the iterative calculation for
checking the changed pollutant concentration and infiltration
airflow rate under the time varying operating condition of fan.
The question is, first of all, the iterative calculation can be
occurred at each time step?
And do I have to use DO LOOP or some special statements(for
example, needs to use a subroutine or some variables) when I
compose FORTRAN file?
(Indeed, I am a beginner of making a new component.  Easy reply
may be delightful..)
Any advice, information will be helpful to me.
Thank you.

Many regards