[TRNSYS-users] calling trnsys from command prompt

keilholz, werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Fri Jun 24 00:51:43 PDT 2005

Hi Krishna,

Please look at the FAQ at

http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/faq/faq.htm#General
<http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/faq/faq.htm#General>

Werner

Q7Q: How can I run TRNSYS (perhaps from another program or batch file) and
avoid having to click 'Continue' or 'Yes' at the end of each simulation?
A: From the command line, the "/N" switch is used to tell TRNExe.EXE that
you don't want the dialog box at the end of the simulation. For example, to
run the input file called C:\Program Files\Trnsys16\Examples\SDHW\SDHW.dck
such that no dialog box is produced at the end of the simulation, the
following command line statement would be used:
"C:\Program Files\Trnsys16\Exe\TRNExe.exe" "C:\Program
Files\Trnsys16\Examples\SDHW\SDHW.dck" /n
Furthermore, the "/h" switch is also available if you need TRNSYS to run
completely in the background (without even creating a Window). The /h switch
implies /n and is only applicable to simulations that do not use the online
plotter (Type 65):
"C:\Program Files\Trnsys16\Exe\TRNExe.exe" "C:\Program
Files\Trnsys16\Examples\SDHW\SDHW.dck" /h

  _____