[TRNSYS-users] Range check error and error 103

David Bradley [SEL] dbradley at engr.wisc.edu
Mon Jul 25 09:30:02 PDT 2005

Dear Antonio,
  The bit of code that you included looks correct so the problem must
lie elsewhere. The best I can suggest is that you run your input file
from your compiler's development studio and step through your component
one line at a time so as to determine what line the problem occurs on.
You can not only step into a subroutine but also step over a subroutine.
If the problem comes either inside RCHECK or inside TYPECK, then we can
look in more depth at the arguments.

  One possible cause of the problem is that I believe TRNSYS 14.2 was
the first version in which all "RETURN" statements had to be changed to
"RETURN 1" in order to make use of a TRNSYS kernal feature that was
added. You might go through your component and make sure that there are
no left over RETURN statements since those would cause error 103.  One
last bit of advice - components are not supposed to do anything when
INFO(7) = -1 except to initialize themselves. Therefore, it is
recommended that you put a RETURN 1 statement right after your call to
TYPECK.
Kind regards,
  David

Antonio Aguirre Glez. de San Pedro wrote:

>Hi David and all:
>I'll tell you what I have done and how I found that error:
>	Type 140, as you say, is a non-standard component.
>	The fortran code for the component was photocopied for me at
>University so that I can do my project, but the code was done in
>TRNSYS 11.
>	From what I read in TRNSYS 15 manual, YCHECK, OCHECK and RCHECK
>subroutines have to be added from version 14.1, so it's not included
>in the code list I have.
>	I have followed the steps indicated in the manual so that the code is
>coherent with TRNSYS 15.
>	For RCHECK, this is what I have done, but it doesn't seem to work properly.
>	In my opinion, both errors – range check and 103- are due to
>malfunction of this subroutine.
>	I hope you can enlighten me so that I can finish my project. Thanks
>David and all of  you in the group:
>	Antonio Aguirre Glez. de San Pedro
>
>The component is a tank whth 7 inputs, 16 outputs, 26 parameters and
>no derivate variable
>

>C   CHEQUEO DE LAS VARIABLES DE ENTRADA SALIDA
>      DATA YCHECK/'TE1','MF1','TE1','MF1','KT1','VS2','TE1'/
>      DATA OCHECK/'TE1','MF1','TE1','MF1','PW1','PW1','PW1','EN1','EN1',
>     1            'EN1','EN1','PC1','PC1','PC1','TE1','TE1'/
>

>      IF(INFO(7).EQ.-1) THEN
>
>     	CALL RCHECK(INFO,YCHECK,OCHECK)
>	CALL TYPECK(1,INFO,NI,NP,ND)
>      ENDIF

David BRADLEY
TRNSYS Engineer
Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin, Madison
1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI  53706
United States

ph: +1 608 263 1589