[TRNSYS-users] ICNTRL

Krishna krishna at cdhenergy.com
Thu Jul 21 08:35:30 PDT 2005

David,
        Thanks for bringing to my attention the draw back of ICNTRL.
        Since we could not get Type 22 to work, we implemented a simple line search method controller which works pretty good though it is very slow.
           But the main problem I am facing is that the system has auxiliary equipment which would turn on if the main equipment is not able to handle the load. I would need to check that after convergence that the main control signal is 1 and then conclude that the auxiliary equipment would be required (I cannot do this before convergence of the main controller as it would keep turning the system on and off). I guess I need to look into using Type 2b with hysteresis to implement this.
Krishna