[TRNSYS-users] Weather File in parametric run

thornton at iyonmail.com thornton at iyonmail.com
Fri Jul 15 09:53:05 PDT 2005

Quoting Krishna <krishna at cdhenergy.com>:

> Could any one let me know if there is a way to specify weather file in the
Parametrics table. I am trying to run the program so that it automatically
changes the weather file and run again.

The easiest way to do it is to ASSIGN each of the weather files a unique logical
unit in the input file:

ASSIGN CITY1.DAT  10
ASSIGN CITY2.DAT  11
ASSIGN CITY3.DAT  12
ETC

Then simply set an equation name specifying the logical unit:

CONSTANTS 1
LU_CITY=10

And then use a data reader where the logical unit is specified using the
equation name:

UNIT 9 TYPE 9 DATA READER
PARAMETERS
.
.
.
.
.
LU_CITY

Then you can simply use the variable name LU_CITY in your parametric table,
specify the logical units representing the cities you wish to study, and run a
series of weather locations.  We use this approach all the time and it works
great.

Jeff Thornton
TESS