[TRNSYS-users] Distributable issues

Michaël Kummert michael.kummert at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 08:01:07 PDT 2005

Krishna,

> I made a distributable for a TRNSED application using the
> "Create Distributable" in TRNEdit. This copied all the required files
> except for the files required to process TYPE 56 .bui files.
>
> I can get the program to work if I copy the .bld file and the
> .trn file that were generated using the TRNEdit into the distributable
> directory. Could anyone let me know if it is standard to have to copy
> the .bld and .trn files along with the .bui file when using the
> distributable. Or is there a way to create these files from the bui file.

By default, TRNBuild is called by TRNSYS (Type 56) at the beginning of
each simulation to "refresh" the BLD, TRN and INF files. If TRNSYS does
not find TRNBuild (which is the case in a TRNSED application) it issues
a warning (not a very clear one I have to admit) and uses the existing
BLD and TRN files, but of course those files have to be there. So yes
you have to include the TRN and BLD files in a TRNSED app.

> Another issue:
>     When I run the TRNExe in the distributable directory from the
> command prompt for some reason it is not able to find the user created
> types that are there in the UserLib folder. However when I run the
> program using the distributable Trnsed Program it is able to find the
> user types.When I made the distributable all the required user types
> were rightly copied to the distributable directory. Do I have to pass
> the UserLib folder name at the command prompt. Could anyone please help
> me out with this.

TRNExe knows if it has been called within a TRNSED application, because
it has to handle a few things differently. One thing which is different
is the directory structure (e.g. where additional DLL's are relatively
to the main EXE) so when TRNExe is called from TRNSED it does not look
at the same place. This explains that when you launch TRNExe directly it
does not find the additional DLL's.

I hope this helps,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

École Polytechnique de Montréal - Génie Mécanique
Case Postale 6079, succursale Centre-Ville
Montréal   QC   H3C 3A7
Canada

Tel: +1 (514) 340-4711, Ext. 3367
Fax: +1 (514) 340-5917