[TRNSYS-users] Range check error

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Tue Jan 18 09:21:47 PST 2005

Olympia,

> I have some problems to "run simulation" in project made by TRNSYS 15,
> with TRNSYS 16. It is a building simulation project with type 56.
> I have translate the old project from TRNSYS 15 to TRNSYS 16 without
> loosing the old conections.
> The project runs very well in TRNSYS 15,
> but when I try to run it, in Trnsys Simulation Studio (TRNSYS 16)  I get
> the next messages
> " Range check error "
>
> After clicking the OK BUTTON, I get
>
> An unexepected error was encountered and TRNSYS will abort.
>
> Open the list file I see warnigs and notices. The most of the notices
> are related with TYPE 501(Ground Temperature Model - Utility Library TESS).
> Is the only model I use from TESS library (see attached file  building.lst)
> Any hints would be welcome.

Unfortunately there is no indication of the cause of that range check
error in the excerpt attached to your message. You may want to send your
full listing and log files and/or your project to your distributor.

There is one known issue with Type 56 that causes a range check error:
if your wall time base is not a multiple of the simulation time step,
you will get a range check error and then a message printed to the LST
file (but not to the log file, so that message does not show in the
Studio). May be you could check that, although it seems unlikely since
the project runs in 15.

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu