[TRNSYS-users] DLL problems

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 17 00:40:12 PST 2005

Iker Marino Bilbao wrote:

> When I try to run any project, it appears the following error: "Did not
> find TrnDLL.dll", and hence it's impossible to carry out any kind of
> simulation. I have checked that this problem appears just when I have
> Matlab installed in the same PC. I need to have the two programs installed
> at the same time, because I want to build and applications that employs the
> both of them. I'm not able to solve the problem and maybe someone could
> help me.

TRNSYS 16 should not interact with Matlab unless you are running a
project with Type 155. I would suggest the following steps for
troubleshooting:

If you are trying to run a project with Type 155 (calling MAtlab):
- Make sure that your Matlab "bin\win32" directory is on windows' search
path (C:\Matlab\bin\win32 by default) and that you are using a supported
version of Matlab (R13 or R14)

If you are not running a project with Type 155:
- You could try removing Type155.dll from your Trnsys16\UserLib
directory (really remove it, renaming it won't help). If it solves your
problem please report it to your distributor with a description of your
system and installed programs, it is a bug.
- Check the log file for an indication of what the problem might be.
E.g. when you run begin.tpf (in Examples\Begin), the file should look
like the attached file. Please send your log file to your distributor if
you cannot run Begin.tpf
Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu