AW: [TRNSYS-users] condensing boiler model

michel.haller at solarenergy.ch michel.haller at solarenergy.ch
Tue Dec 20 22:57:25 PST 2005

Dear Mr. Peeters

Just recently we developed such a model for TRNSYS16, we finished programming on it last week and it is under test now. The advantages of the models are:

-freedom to choose any fuel by means of mass weight of the elements and the lower heating value
-predefined fuels with standard mass weights and lower heating values for oil, natural gas and biomass
-possibility to simulate condensing technology
-consideration of heat losses to ambient (thermal mass of the boiler and delta-T to ambient)

Although the model can do all this, it is still quite simple and has therefore also some limits (one-node approach for the thermal mass of the boiler). At the moment, we are fitting measured data with the model and the results look quite good. We have not done all-year-simulations in a TRNSYS-environment yet. The model is not able to heat the boiler mass without mass flow of water (may be we'll include this later).

We can send you the model if you will communicate your experience with the model - especially if you run into troubles or don't find information you need in the description of the inputs and outputs.

Please tell us if you found any other TRNSYS-types that can do these things...

Sincerely

Michel Haller

Michel Haller
Systemtechnik / System Division