[TRNSYS-users] orientation of building

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Wed Dec 14 14:05:28 PST 2005

Dear Abdelhani,

The easiest way to change the orientation is to define the following
equations:

TURN = 0  (Let's say that the initial case is the house oriented with
the cardinal points)
AZIMUTH_S = 0 + TURN
AZIMUTH_N = 180 + TURN
AZIMUTH_W = 90 + TURN
AZIMUTH_E = -90+TURN

In the radiation processor (Type16), in the inputs for the surfaces
orientations on which you will calculate the solar radiation, change the
type of 'Azimuth for surface-1' from degrees to STRING, and type
'AZIMUTH_S'; and so on for the other 3 surfaces.

Therefore, if you now change the value of TURN to 45, all of the azimuth
angles will change 45degrees.

Diego