[TRNSYS-users] Types 68 and 34 (shading)

Enertech sidler at club-internet.fr
Fri Aug 19 08:51:32 PDT 2005

Dear Fernando and TRNSYS Users,

(b) If the upstream component is type68,

   Sky diffuse on window = Shaded sky diffuse on window without overhang
* (1-Fws)

In both cases (a) and (b) I suppose that the sky diffuse radiation input
is always the input number 4 of type34. The label in the proforma is
somewhat error prone (it says “sky diffuse on the horizontal”).

I think you’re right !! There’s an error in the TYPE 34 proforma : input(4)
has to be the diffuse radiation on surface and not the horizontal diffuse
radiation. You can check it in the TYPE34 source code.

I’m a little bit angry to discover more and more errors in proforma
definitions. How can we trust in TRNSYS simulation results if there is
these kinds of error in models ?

I’m working on complex building projects with a lot of far-away masks
(TYPE68) and a lot of overhangs, with very short notice (of course!!). I’ve
no time to check that all inputs defined in proforma are the ones needed by
source codes

I’m sorry to be so hard on this subject but modelling a building is not an
easy job and I need to trust in models I’m using otherwise it only remains
for me to say to my boss that I can’t do this job anymore, there’s too much
errors in the software.

Salutation,
C. Plantier

ENERTECH