[TRNSYS-users] assign a n external file to a new type

keilholz, werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Mon Aug 8 08:31:55 PDT 2005

Javier,

In principle, it works in C++ just like in FORTRAN:
You have to retries the logical file number from the right parameter (an
interger) and then use that as a C file descriptor.

For example, if your component has only one parameter, the File/Export to
C++ wizard will create a line like

      double Logical_unit_number;
      Logical_unit_number=par[0];

You have to convert Logical_unit_number to integer and then use it in
commands like

  char buffer[6000];
  bytesread = _read(fh,buffer,6000);

(if you use the C low level I/O).

For this to work, your DLL must be compiled exactly in the same mode as the
TrnDll.dll of the TRNSYS package (static vs. dynamic, debug vs. release,
etc.).

If you have trouble getting it to work (i.e. the file handle is invalid in
your C DLL), you can use a combination with Michael' idea of accessing the
labels to pass filename(s), and add _open and _close statements as needed.

Werner