[TRNSYS-users] assign a n external file to a new type

Michaël Kummert michael.kummert at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 06:16:09 PDT 2005

Javier,

> Dear all;I am Javier Mota from 3i,Madrid.
> I´m programing a new component in C++.But I have a problen. I don´t Know
> how I must work to make the program reads the external file when i asign
> it a parameter like logical unit in the proforma.

I am not aware of a way to share logical units between a Fortran DLL and
a C++ DLL. In case you can't get it to work, I wanted to mention another
option to handle files in TRNSYS: you can use labels to pass filename(s)
to your component and then handle file opening, access etc. completely
in the Type.
This is done in some of the standard Types, e.g. the Matlab link (Type
155). You can take a look at the code of that component to get a better
idea of what I mean. Note that the filename handling is done in the
"ReadParameters" subroutine (~line 500). Also, if you open the CVF
project and look for Type 155, it is in a separate project (i.e. in
"Type155 files", not in "TRNDll files".

I hope this helps,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

École Polytechnique de Montréal - Génie Mécanique
Case Postale 6079, succursale Centre-Ville
Montréal   QC   H3C 3A7
Canada

Tel: +1 (514) 340-4711, Ext. 3367
Fax: +1 (514) 340-5917