[TRNSYS-users] How to add an external file to a user-created component?

David Bradley [SEL] dbradley at engr.wisc.edu
Tue Apr 26 14:09:03 PDT 2005

Louise,
  A default name can be specified for the user by going to the "Files"
tab in the Proforma. At the left is the field where you specify the
question and at the right is the name of the parameter to which you want
to attach the response of the question. If you click on the "more"
button, you will be able to browse to locate the file that will become
the default answer. Once you specify that question and its answer, the
Studio will write the appropriate ASSIGN statement in the deck for you.
Kind regards,
  David

Louise St.Germain wrote:

> Hello!
>

> I'm building a new component in TRNSYS 16 - a wave energy converter
> whose internal structure is similar to that of type 90, the wind
> turbine. Like for the wind turbine, I want to have an external
> parameter file that can be specified in the "External Files" section
> of the component setup dialog (ie, the one with the tabs to define
> parameters, inputs, outputs, derivatives, external files, etc). How do
> I get it to expect an external file? In the proforma I see where I can
> specify a question for the user and a default path, but I don't see
> how to make it appear in that setup dialog and (more importantly),
> have TRNSYS add it to the deck (right now I have to do it manually).
> If anyone knows, I'd love to hear from you!
>

> Thanks,
>

> -Louise
>

> Louise St.Germain
>
> Graduate Research Assistant
>
> Integrated Energy Systems (IESVic)
>
> University of Victoria
>
> lsg at uvic.ca

David BRADLEY
Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin, Madison
1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI  53706

Ph: +1 608 263 1589
Fax: +1 608 262 8464