[TRNSYS-users] How to add an external file to a user-created component?

Louise St.Germain lsg at uvic.ca
Tue Apr 26 13:28:56 PDT 2005

Hello!

I'm building a new component in TRNSYS 16 - a wave energy converter
whose internal structure is similar to that of type 90, the wind
turbine. Like for the wind turbine, I want to have an external parameter
file that can be specified in the "External Files" section of the
component setup dialog (ie, the one with the tabs to define parameters,
inputs, outputs, derivatives, external files, etc). How do I get it to
expect an external file? In the proforma I see where I can specify a
question for the user and a default path, but I don't see how to make it
appear in that setup dialog and (more importantly), have TRNSYS add it
to the deck (right now I have to do it manually). If anyone knows, I'd
love to hear from you!

Thanks,

-Louise

Louise St.Germain