[TRNSYS-users] Photovoltaic arrays

Anton Driesse driessea at post.queensu.ca
Wed Apr 6 08:58:55 PDT 2005

Hi David,

I like the fact that there are different outputs available
simultaneously so I can choose from different operating modes.  I am
trying to model an array with multiple units under under different
conditions, where a single unit might experience some extreme
conditions.  Is V permitted to go negative?

Would you also clarify the following comment from IISiBat, which refers
to parameter 18:

"In this mode of Type94, the slope of the IV characteristic at the short
circuit current point is positive, effectively modeling single or
polycrystalline silicon photovoltaic panels."

I am having trouble understanding where the positive slope comes from.

Thanks!

Anton