[TRNSYS-users] type157.dll

Hilde Breesch Hilde.Breesch at UGent.be
Fri Apr 1 06:34:06 PST 2005

Dear TRNSYS-16 users,

I am trying to implement COMIS 3.1 as an external dll (type 157.dll) in TRNSYS 16 - I have already used the coupling between TRNSYS 15 and COMIS - but have some problems.

I used CVF 6.6B, followed the instructions in the manual to create a library of user components (progammer's guide p.8-114 to 116), added the source code of COMIS (except COMV-MAI.for) and the coupling file COMV-TRN.for as described in the coupling package of COMIS 3.1-Trnsys 15.3 and succesfully created type157.dll in Trnsys16\Userlib. But I failed to run the example of calling Comis 'rest_comT16_C31.tpf' and got the following warmings and errors:

- notice: "Type157.dll" was found but did not contain any components from the input file.
- notice 2: TRNSYS found at least one user DLL in the UserLib directory. (Note: Only DLL's including Types that are used in the simulation are loaded) 0 user DLLs were loaded after searching in "C:\Trnsys16\UserLib"
- Fatal Error, Generated by Type 157: A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file but was either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll. A dummy subroutine was called in its place. Please link the TYPE or remove it from the input file

Where did I go wrong? And how can I solve this problem?

best regards,
hilde

Hilde Breesch
PhD student Buildings & Climatic Control
Department of Architecture & Urban Planning
Ghent University
J. Plateaustraat 22, B-9000 GENT
tel. +32 9 264 78 61  fax. +32 9 264 41 85
e-mail: Hilde.Breesch at UGent.be
http://allserv.ugent.be/~hbreesch/research