[TRNSYS-users] parametric run

Isabelle BRUYERE bruyere at arch.ucl.ac.be
Tue Sep 21 07:57:58 PDT 2004

Thanks a lot Michaël, that will help.

Another question now...  For every run, type 56 needs two files named
buildingN.trn and buildingN.bld where N is the number of the run.
I would like to use always the same file (so, without the "N"), is it
possible ?
If not, is there a simple way to generate these files or do I have to
manually copy n times a file and change their names n times ?

Thanks again in adavnce,

Isabelle

A 09:32 21/09/2004 -0500, Michaël Kummert a écrit :
>Isabelle,
>
>>I am trying a parametric run.  I am wondering if I'm doing things right.
>>I create a trnsys file in IIsiBat. I open the so created  .dck file in
>>TRNSHELL. I replace some equations by a CONSTANT statement and create my
>>parametric table.
>>But if I make any modification in IIsiBat, when I come back into
>>TRNSHELL, I have to do these two operations again. Is that right ? (I
>>hope mu explanation is not too confused...)
>
>Unfortunately you are correct. There is no way back to IISiBat once you
>started editing a deck file in TRNSHELL (that is, there is a way back but
>you loose most changes).
>Please note, however, that you can have CONSTANTS statements in IISiBat.
>You just have to enter them by hand in the "Simulation Cards" field in
>"Control Cards". You can use the constants in the project by typing their
>name in an initial value or parameter field (after setting the "type" to
>"string"). That way you can setup your simulation completely in IISiBat
>and just use TRNSHELL to run the parametric study.
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Michaël Kummert
>

>--
>
>Michaël Kummert
>
>Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
>1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
>Madison, WI 53706
>
>Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
>Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
>E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu
>
>SEL Web Site: http://sel.me.wisc.edu
>TRNSYS Web Site: http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys

Isabelle Bruyère
Université Catholique de Louvain                        Place du Levant, 1
à 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
Unité d'architecture - Architecture et Climat           Tél : 010/47 21 38
- Fax : 010/47 21 50
http://www-climat.arch.ucl.ac.be/