[TRNSYS-users] sim studio: direct access

Werner Keilholz werner at cstb.fr
Mon Nov 22 07:51:39 PST 2004

Hi David,

Its a good idea, but unfortunately a bit late to make it into TRNSYS 16...

However, some of our users create 'TRNSYS workgroups' by just using
mounted drives:

1. Share your TRNSYS16 directory (right-click on Trnsys16, Properties,
Share)

2. On your co-worker's machine, mount a new drive, e.g. T: (like Trnsys
:-) -
in the explorer Tools/Map Network Drive...

3. Start the Studio from the mounted drive (e.g.
T:\Trnsys16\Studio\Exe\TrnsysStudio.exe)

Beware of the shortcut in \Trnsys16, which will typically point to your
local installation.

You co-worker will have to wait a little longer to start the Studio over
the network,
but each time he choses Direct Acess/Refresh Tree (or when re-starting)
he will
run the same DLL as you and see all the new models you have created in the
meantime !

Werner

--

  /    \____ Werner Keilholz, Software Development Group Leader