[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS Error 172- Type 16 Radiation Processor

Michaël Kummert kummert at engr.wisc.edu
Fri Nov 5 09:23:39 PST 2004

Bouzoukas,

>       As I have see so far from the help menu is the worst user friendly
> programm i have ever used.

Unfortunately, it is a fact that most users need a few weeks to become
productive with TRNSYS, unless they attend a training course (or several
training courses). I think it is safe to say this is true of any
detailed and flexible simulation program for energy systems and buildings.

> By the way I have started a model with IISiBat and it gives me an error
> with number 172.
  > ***** ERROR *****        TRNSYS ERROR # 172
> UNIT   4 TYPE  16 RADIATION PROCESSOR
> TIME INCONSISTENCY BETWEEN WEATHER AND RADIATION PROCESSOR
> BE SURE THAT THE WEATHER DATA READER OR WEATHER DATA
> GENERATOR PRECEDES THIS UNIT OF TYPE 16 IN THE INPUT FILE.

Assuming you have ordered the components correctly (Type 9 before Type
16), that error is most often caused by a missing connection between
outputs 99 and 100 of a data reader (time of last and next data read)
and the corresponding inputs of Type 16. Those inputs tell Type 16 when
new solar radiation values are read so it can redo the processing only
when needed.

Kind regards,

Michaël Kummert

Michaël Kummert

Solar Energy Laboratory - University of Wisconsin-Madison
1303 Engr Res Bldg, 1500 Engineering Drive
Madison, WI 53706

Tel: +1 (608) 263-1589
Fax: +1 (608) 262-8464
E-mail: kummert at engr.wisc.edu