[TRNSYS-users] Leap Year

Juan Pablo Salazar jsalazar at labsolar.ufsc.br
Tue Jun 29 14:49:50 PDT 2004

Dear Trnsys Users,

I'm doing some experimental validation of the Type 45 code with a solar
collector manufactured in Brazil. The year 2004 is a leap year, with 366
days. The TRNSYS solar radiation processor calculates the solar
declination angle based on a year with 365 days. My question is, should
I use the simulation start and stop time according to a "normal year" or
a "leap year"? For example, June 29th is the day number 180 of a normal
year and the day 181 of a leap year. What I want to assure is that the
declination angle calculated by Trnsys corresponds to the position of
the sun during the experiment. The solar declination angle is
calculated, I guess, once per day. If that is true, a difference from
one day to the next would be in the order of 0.01 degrees. It probably
won't make a difference at all. Please tell me if otherwise!

Regards,
Juan

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.