[Hap-users] U-Value for Concrete Wall with Green Wall

Aaron Smith via Hap-users hap-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Nov 2 14:09:35 PDT 2016

Hi Daniel,

It appears as though the green wall is simply shading the concrete wall
rather than reducing the U-value.  Another option besides what was presented
below is to lower the wall absorptivity to account for less solar heat
reaching the wall of your building.  I think that is in fact what will be
happening.

I came across this report in my brief google search which may be of help.

http://www.greenroofs.org/resources/UMDGreenWallResearch(FinalReport).pdf

Regards,
Aaron

Aaron Smith, P.Eng