[Hap-users] Modeling VRF + DOAS with Chilled Water Cooling Coils in HAP 5.00

Çağrıl Cömert - Smart Eco Design via Hap-users hap-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Nov 2 23:57:38 PDT 2016

Hi!

I am working on an existing building renovation project for LEED
submission. The building has 3 VRF outdoor units, 1 air handling unit
and 2 chillers. The cooling source of AHU is chilled water. However,
there is no way to model this system directly in HAP 5.00. By the way,
chillers are serving not just this building, but the whole campus. So,
it is actually a district cooling system.

I think I have two choices in this case:

1. Modeling VRF system with DOAS. DOAS cooling unit will be air-cooled
DX, but I have to specify a performance value (EER or compressor+fan
power). I am not sure how closely it would reflect the real case.

2. Modeling 4PFCU system with DOAS. This time both DOAS and terminal
unit cooling source is chilled water. However VRF system cooling source
should be air-cooled DX. If I choose this option, chiller electricity
consumption (or purchased cooling cost) would be higher than expected.

Is there a better option for modeling this system? Any help would be
appreciated.

--
With my best regards;

Çağrıl Cömert
Mechanical Engineer

SMART ECO DESIGN, INC.

Adress: Windowist Tower,Eski Büyükdere Cad.
         No:26 Kat:15 Maslak / ISTANBUL

         T: +(90)212-214 7181
         F: +(90)212-214 7182
         GSM: +(90)544-938 6886

WEB : www.smartecodesign.com

This e-mail and its attachments are private and confidential to the
exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It
may also be legally confidential. Any disclosure, distribution or other
dissemination of this message to any third party is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, you may not copy, forward, send
or use any part of it. If you are not the intended recipient or the
person who is responsible to transmit to the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the
original message and its attachments. The sender and SED A.S. do not
warrant for the accuracy, currency, integrity or correctness of the
information in the message and its attachments. SED A.S. shall have no
liability with regard to the information contained in the message, its
transmission, reception, storage, preservation of confidentiality,
viruses or any damages caused in anyway to your computer system.