[Hap-users] U-Value for Concrete Wall with Green Wall

Matthew J. Baron via Hap-users hap-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Nov 1 03:52:29 PDT 2016

Just a thought, depending on what hemisphere you’re in (I’m assuming northern) you could put all the walls on the northern exposure so they receive no direct sunlight then add walls that are the exact size of your windows (with the windows obviously) in the correct cardinal direction to account for solar loading. This way you do not have to try and make a correction to the u value and will get a fairly accurate space load.

Thank You,
Matthew J. Baron, PE

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D2340C.825B5040]

Wendel, Centerpointe Corporate Park, 375 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville, NY 14221
p. 716.688.0766   tf. 877.293.6335   e. mbaron at wendelcompanies.com<mailto:mbaron at wendelcompanies.com>   w. wendelcompanies.com<http://www.wendelcompanies.com/>

architecture  |  engineering  |  planning  |  energy efficiency  |  construction management

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email transmission is confidential and is intended only for the person(s) named above.  Any distribution, copying or disclosure of this email is strictly prohibited.