[Equest-users] Modeling Battery Energy Storage System

Phil Jordan phil.jordan at clearesult.com
Tue Aug 29 12:59:55 PDT 2023

Hi Ahmad,

I don’t think eQUEST has explicit capability to define electric batteries. Whenever I’m looking for eQUEST capability I’ll try checking the DOE2 Dictionary: https://doe2.com/Download/DOE-22/DOE22Vol2-Dictionary.pdf
I checked and didn’t see battery keywords, but there is an ELEC-GENERATOR keyword that could maybe be leveraged as a workaround.

In addition to this forum, I’ll also check over on the unmethours.com forum; I saw these two posts that seem related and might be helpful to you:

  *   https://unmethours.com/question/139/modelling-of-roof-top-solar-photovoltaic-plant-in-equest/
  *   https://unmethours.com/question/1266/what-percentage-of-battery-loss-and-other-losses-are-counted-in-equest-for-modelling-of-spv-plant-please-reply-with-source/

Regards,

Phil Jordan