[Equest-users] Modeling Battery Energy Storage System

Haberl, Jeff jhaberl at tamu.edu
Tue Aug 29 10:52:01 PDT 2023

Hello Ahmad:

What is it you're trying to do with the hourly charge/discharge data? I'm not sure if EQUEST has a battery charge/discharge command (Actually, I've never looked closely).

However, I think you might find some help with ASHRAE's RP-1093 Diversity Factor Toolkit since it contains a spreadsheet that helps organize columnar 8,760 simulation data into weekday/weekend profile schedules that can be input into DOE-2, BLAST or EP+. When combined with a spreadsheet the ESL developed for the US Army, you have a handy set of tools for manipulating sets of 8,760 data since these take columnar data and create a 365x24 matrix for evaluating the data.

The ASHRAE papers that discuss the 1093 Diversity Factor Toolkit are:

Claridge, D., Abushakra, B., Haberl, J. 2003. “Electricity Diversity Profiles for Energy Simulation of Office Buildings (1093-RP),” ASHRAE Transactions-Research, Vol. 110, Pt. 1,  pp. 365-377. ESL-PA-04-02-01 (February).

Abushakra, B., Haberl, J., Claridge, D. 2004. “Overview of Literature on Diversity Factors and Schedules for Energy and Cooling Load Calculations (1093-RP),” ASHRAE Transactions-Research, Vol. 110, Pt. 1, pp. 164-176. ESL-PA-04-01-01 (January).

As well as the ASHRAE Final Report for 1093, which you can get from ASHRAE.

Abushakra, B., Sreshthaputra, A., Haberl, J., Claridge, D. 2001. “Compilation of Diversity Factors and Schedules for Energy and Cooling Load Calculations – Final Report,” submitted to ASHRAE under Research Project 1093-RP, Energy Systems Lab Report No. ESL-TR-01-04-01, Texas A&M University, pdf (April).

The final report from ASHRAE should contain the 1093 diversity factor toolkit (i.e., spreadsheet). The ESL's US Army spreadsheet I'd have to send to you.

Jeff

Jeff S. Haberl, Ph.D., P.E.inactive, FASHRAE, FIBPSA               We are like fluttering leaves on the branches of trees

Liz & Nelson Mitchell Professor in Residential Design           in the forest of the landscape that surrounds us.

Department of Architecture                                                       If we could, for just a moment, flutter together,

Texas A&M University                                                                  we could lift the earth up to be a better place.  JSH 2022

College Station, TX 77845-3581

Office: 979-845-6507, Lab: 979-845-6065

Fax 979-862-2457

jhaberl at tamu.edu,www.esl.tamu.edu<mailto:jhaberl at tamu.edu,www.esl.tamu.edu>

Hello Guys, Can we model Electric Battery Energy Storage system in eQUEST software? If yes, then how we can do that? Thanks for the help ! Regards Ahmad ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd