[Equest-users] SIM report for annual water consumption?

Sharad Kumar sharadcapricious at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 23:57:34 PDT 2020

Hi Nick,

I fully abide by your thoughts that how annually the formula has been
deciphered by you.
You have also considered the inlet or makeup water as ground water
temperature.
Also you have tried to configure the annual dT as the temperature
difference between supply and ground  water temperature.
But as per me if you are trying to configure the GPM in the DHW loop then
the temperature difference is required to be calculated upon the inlet of
the tank and outlet temperature difference which might can be the discharge
water temperature .If there is open loop then the temperature difference
shall be between the inlet tank temperature and discharge water temperature
.No worries if  these temperature are accounted to calculate dT then one
should believe that only tank volume will be considered. After this one
should not consider that only tank volume or dT might be considered while
the loop is also being considered.
Also one should consider that the flow shall be regular everywhere after it
comes from outlet of the tank. Hence GPM shall be same all over
The other factors which were missing in the basic formula were the tank
wall,and pipe wall losses and also the system efficiencies.
With these considerations we can estimate that delta T should be calculated
upon minute or second basis as pe me.
The required Q (BTUh) shall be the tank capacity based and the added loop
volume based total heat added.but to rather configure out we shall consider
only the tank added Q as the heat being added to tank itself.
The thing that we are required to have as the solution is the GPM not the
annual GPM.
GPM should be in minutes and also dT is something which should be as per
minute or seconds.
I think this is the same dT which you are inferring as dT annual.
With these considerations i can infer that I have tried something which can
be like an add-on to my prior mail.

Sorry to others if it seemed to be offended to someone.

*Thanks,*
Sharad.