[Equest-users] Single zone VAV with chilled water cooling

Steve Jacobs sjacobseng at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 02:13:01 PST 2020

I am trying to model a building that uses single zone systems with variable
speed setbacks and chilled water cooling. I was under the impression that
the best way to model this would be to use the single zone reheat system
type and then lower the minimum flow ratio. When I look at the hourly
reports, eQuest is only reducing the airflow below the maximum when there
is a heating load in on the system. When the space is in cooling, or when
there is no call for heating or cooling, it is running at the maximum
airflow. Is there a way to get around this? What system type is best to
model a single one VAV with chilled water cooling?

Thanks,
Steve