[Equest-users] Hourly space temperature after cooling

The Energy Simulation Academy info at simulate.energy
Tue Mar 26 08:18:38 PDT 2019

Thanks Joe!

Your participation prompts me to ask the question that is at the heart of
this discussion - it looks like an attempt to "reverse engineer" a
definition. We have all done it. FYI - and it's a massive but educational
time pit. Does anyone [Joe] know the programmed definition for eQUEST,
[probably from DOE2] on unmet hours?
*i.e DOE2 will mark an Unmet hour if a zone is: Outside the throttling
range? How many degrees outside range (.1, 1 etc)? Plus Occupied? Plus Coil
capacities are exceeded? Plus Any other conditions?*

Agreed about the hourly reports. The hourly one for eQUEST that I use is
under thermal zone for the "amount of load that's unmet" for an hour.
Include the zone temperature that hour and that should get you what you
want (but possibly not what you need). There is probably an unmet hours
flag to enable (0 or 1), but I might be thinking of the wrong software
package? I try not to look at individual unmet hours for spaces - the
space/zone is usually not the actual problem.

A few notables from the images sent:

   - Fans are running over 7500 hours per year. I doubt the building is
   occupied that many hours.
   - Schedule seems to be a default schedule from the wizard? Defaults like
   this are often unoccupied on weekends and 12 hours per day.
   - That would be around 3000 occupied hours.
   - Similar default schedules allow 82 degrees for unoccupied hours -->
   Possibly >5500 hours requiring 85 to be outside the throttling range, and
   they are unoccupied

Best Regards,

Bob

Energy-models.com