[Equest-users] eQuest Floor Multiplier vs System Multiplier

Calvin Chu cchu at brightpower.com
Tue Aug 27 13:13:20 PDT 2019

Hi Daric,

I've struggled with this issue a lot too when I first started modeling;
what do you mean floor multipliers don't also apply to the HVAC systems?!

is this behavior correct with other’s experience?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe HVAC system capacities should be
reflective of all respective zones *including *multipliers, rather than of
a single zone with no multipliers. For example, 30000 BTU/H should be
entered for the cooling capacity of an HVAC system with a zone of floor
multiplier 3, rather than 10000 BTU/H for the same zone.

There is no means within eQuest to specify a Systems multiplier?

I don't think there is a way to specify an HVAC system multiplier in
eQuest.

Hope this helps,
Calvin

*Calvin Chu, MFBA, EIT*