[Equest-users] Space Floor Multiplier Reduction in Detailed Mode

David Eldridge DEldridge at grummanbutkus.com
Mon Apr 15 12:55:56 PDT 2019

To directly avoid your question - I have mainly used floor multipliers and not experimented with using separate multipliers on the spaces that may be additive/subtractive with the floor multipliers.

That said, could you accurately model the spaces with the small systems separately as standalone "virtual" spaces? I'm assuming there is some sort of data equipment or other load that you'd have to specify for the spaces to drive the cooling. This would inflate the reported area by the amount of these zones, but you could make them "small" to minimize that effect and if the loads and schedules are the same combine them into fewer virtual zones with a combined total capacity but equivalent efficiency, possibly as few as one for the CRAC rooms and one for the FCU rooms.

David

David S. Eldridge, Jr., P.E., LEED AP BD+C, BEMP, BEAP, HBDP
Associate

Direct: (847) 316-9224 | Mobile: (773) 490-5038

Grumman/Butkus Associates | 820 Davis Street, Suite 300 | Evanston, IL 60201
Energy Efficiency Consultants and Sustainable Design Engineers

grummanbutkus.com<http://grummanbutkus.com/> | Blog<http://grummanbutkus.com/blog> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/pages/GrummanButkus-Associates/1385285015032526> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/grummanbutkus>