[Equest-users] Space Floor Multiplier Reduction in Detailed Mode

Krystyniak, Patrick patrick.krystyniak at stantec.com
Mon Apr 15 11:57:45 PDT 2019

Hello All,

I have a large building with multiple floors (1.5 Million sqft).  I combined floors into single shells and used the floor multipliers.  After making progress in detailed mode I realized I did not account for some small CRAC or FCU units serving small interior spaces.  In some cases, these units are located on 3 floors of a 12 floor shell.  I am looking into ways to accurately model these three units without increasing the number of shells or significantly adjusting the model.  I realized I am able to adjust the floor multiplier per space in the building shell tab to a reduced number.  This information seems to accurately transfer to the zone/system and associated energy consumers.  The total building square footage does decrease.

Does anyone have additional information regarding what adjusting the floor multiplier does?  It seems as if the spaces ceases to exist within the model.

Thanks,
Patrick