[Equest-users] Using LBNL WINDOW to create custom glass types

David Reddy david at 360-analytics.com
Thu Dec 13 12:59:48 PST 2018

Thanks for this summary Bill!

On this topic, over the past few years we've run into a few bugs with
the WINDOW -> eQUEST import.

  * In eQ v3.63 and 3.64, the import of WINDOW data neglected to
    populate the FILM-CONDS keyword when creating the custom
    GLASS-TYPE-CODE (G-T-C).  This resulted in much lower U_cog values
    than expected. We tested import with v3.65 and this bug appears to
    have been fixed.
  * If used for switchable glazing, the GLASS-TYPEs referenced by WINDOW
    objects must be listed in the input file in consecutive order.
    Otherwise, a BDL error will result. Not sure if this has been fixed
    in v3.65
  * If used for switchable glazing, the G-T-Cs used must have an numeric
    integer name that is >1000.  Otherwise, a BDL error will result. Not
    sure if this has been fixed in v3.65

- David