[Equest-users] ASHRAE baseline EIR for service hot water heater in eQUEST

Harshal Gupta harshal8899 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 00:17:57 PST 2018

Thanks for your response.

As per ASHRAE 90.1 : 2010 appendix G electric resistant based water heater to be model and sized according to section 7.4.1.
In base case and efficiency of electric heater should be considered as per table 7.4.2.
In my project the capacity of heat pump based SWH is as follows:

  1.  Rated heating capacity : 19.8kW
  2.  Rated power input : 6.02 kW
  3.  Maximum power input : 6.8kW

As per table 7.8 performance required for resistance based electric should be 0.93-0.00132 V EF, which is again 0.233 EF.
In modeling tool eQUEST, EIR is required which is ratio of electric input power to nominal heater capacity.
EF is a combination of thermal efficiency and standby losses, in case if i modeled tank losses as 0 by putting Tank UA =0 in DWH in eQUEST. What should i model in EIR?

Please someone guide can guide on this.

Warm Regards
Harshal Gupta
Energy Analyst
LEED AP<https://www.usgbc.org/organizations/environmental-design-solutions-eds?view=employees> || IGBC AP<https://igbc.in/igbc/redirectHtml.htm?redVal=showIgbcApnosign> <http://www.grihaindia.org/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=31&t=griha_community&Itemid=0&resetfilters=0> || GRIHA CP<http://www.grihaindia.org/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=31&t=griha_community&Itemid=0&resetfilters=0>
 [cid:9eac2dce-974d-4a27-a9b9-18715cadfdfb]        [1504090917380_igbc-logo-big.jpg]     [1504090994828_GROHA]

<http://www.grihaindia.org/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=31&t=griha_community&Itemid=0&resetfilters=0>