[Equest-users] Modeling Reverse Acting TStat EF

Darryl Kasun via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Oct 17 11:26:19 PDT 2016

Hi everyone - thank you so much for the replies.  Just wanted to provide as
a summary as to what I've modeled thus far - pls comment if you have any:

*SYSTEM LEVEL:*

- Modeled the reverse acting t-stat system as a PSZ with the following
inputs at the system level:
- Control zone is the zone the supply fan serves
- Supply fan kW/CFM equals that of the EF
- Delta T across supply fan = 0
- Supply fan schedule is on/off type with default off for all hours
- Night Cycle Control: On Any
- min outside air ratio = 1.0
- CLG Cap left blank
- EIR = 0

*ZONE LEVEL:*

- HTG/CLG design temps are 60/80 degF;
- E/A control is "No Airflow Tracking"
- E/A flow matching the flow of the EF (11,000 CFM)
- E/A source: infiltration
- Max clg rate left blank

*QUESTIONS REMAINING:*

- Can I simply leave the CLG capacity to be auto-sized?  Brian you had
mentioned to put in a minimal value for this input but I do not understand
why.
- This zone also has HW UHs serving it - how to I implement them?  I see at
the system level there's an option for the Zone Heat Source to be furnace
which provides the opportunity to account for a UH's fan energy but looks
like a furnace cannot be connected to a HW loop.
 - Any advice of thermostat type?

Thanks again
Darryl Kasun