[Equest-users] Modeling Reverse Acting TStat EF

Nicholas Caton via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Oct 17 11:04:02 PDT 2016

Hey Brian,

You're absolutely right - I should have double-checked before posting.  In my mind's eye, I recalled assigning a temperature schedule to zonal exhaust inputs, but it does appear I misremembered and that isn't a direct option.

Tricking an airside system as you're describing into the intended behavior must be how I've managed this in the past.  A thermostat schedule is minimally needed at the system to define the intended "trigger temperatures," and one could optionally also specify a fan schedule to go beyond intermittent and enforce off/on hours as might happen in the real world via tstat + relays.

~Nick

[cid:image002.png at 01D2286D.03968C70]
Nick Caton, P.E., BEMP
  Senior Energy Engineer