[Equest-users] Help needed regarding results.

Sitha mahalakshmi Pathuri via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu May 12 12:33:00 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I have been doing an academic project where i am trying to find out the
best percentage of facade glazing which results in optimal energy
consumption in IT office building.

Is there a possibility of doing parametric studies pertaining to change in
facade glazing percentage or lets say WWR.

I tried a floor plan with three different types of glasses and different
percentages.
But as i reduce the facade percentage from 100% to 30%  the energy
consumption report says that there is reduction in energy consumption.but
There is no difference in lighting loads . the only change in the report is
for space cooling. The reduction in the glazing definitely results in
increase in lighting loads in a fully conditioned office building.

This is not being projected in the results.could some one help me on how to
proceed in this regard.

Thanking you,

P.Sitha
Pursuing M.Arch