[Equest-users] Help needed regarding results.

Thulasi Ram via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu May 12 13:09:02 PDT 2016

Hi,
Did you turn on the "daylighting controls" so that the model considers
daylighting in calculating the lighting load? If you turn on the
"Daylighting controls" (Wizard Screen 1/41)  , only then eQuest will model
the daylighting savings. WWR can be set only in the wizard mode. I believe
it requires little advanced knowledge to implement parametric runs for WWR
in eQuest detailed mode.

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Sitha mahalakshmi Pathuri via Equest-users
<equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have been doing an academic project where i am trying to find out the
> best percentage of facade glazing which results in optimal energy
> consumption in IT office building.
>
> Is there a possibility of doing parametric studies pertaining to change in
> facade glazing percentage or lets say WWR.
>
> I tried a floor plan with three different types of glasses and different
> percentages.
> But as i reduce the facade percentage from 100% to 30%  the energy
> consumption report says that there is reduction in energy consumption.but
> There is no difference in lighting loads . the only change in the report is
> for space cooling. The reduction in the glazing definitely results in
> increase in lighting loads in a fully conditioned office building.
>
> This is not being projected in the results.could some one help me on how
> to proceed in this regard.
>
> Thanking you,
>
> P.Sitha
> Pursuing M.Arch

*Regards,*

* Thulasi Ram Khamma *

*M.Arch, LEED AP BD+C, PhD Candidate in Architectural Technology, School of
Architecture, **University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign*