[Equest-users] order of magnitude low for results

via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Aug 3 14:55:15 PDT 2016

A few observations:

·         Don’t equate GLASS-CONDUCTANCE with assembly U-value (see the associated help entry) à fixing this will bump up your solar conductive gains a bit

·         Site EUI is ~40 – not bonkers low… see next point.

·         I was not familiar with the climate in Tel Aviv, so worth a check.  Visualizing drybulb from the provided weather file demonstrates really decent annual temperatures – you don’t ever stray very far from 70-75.  In fact through the dead of summer 75 looks like the 24 hour average between day and night temps:

·         This weather data also looks to be in general agreement with some cursory googling, so not terribly suspect:

Give yourself some moderate internal loads (lighting/plug load densities look in line with 90.1-2007), and this should probably be a cooling-dominated building on an annual basis, with heating/cooling enduses not playing a dominant role.

All of that is reflected in the present outputs:

I performed a few other cursory spot-checks, and I didn’t find anything seriously awry in terms of baseline hydronic efficiencies or related calculations (you’ll want to revisit tower and pumping power inputs before finishing, but they’re in the right ballpark now).

You might find a helpful swing in fan energies after doing your Pfan calcs, but be sure to document / seek out any fan static pressure credits you can claim (I observe fans are user-defaulted to 4” static at present).

From there you might find it beneficial to dig deeper into not missing any process loads (i.e. elevator banks & garage ventilation are probably in play for this case).

Altogether, this doesn’t look like a climate conducive to relatively bad baseline EUI’s (if that makes sense)!

~Nick

Nick Caton, P.E.

  Senior Energy Engineer
  Energy and Sustainability Services