[Equest-users] LEED CI Modeling Question

shilpa surana via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Aug 4 08:42:48 PDT 2016

I have a Retail Space within an existing Shopping Mall pursuing LEED CI
certification. The shopping mall is served by a central plant. The retail
space which is our scope of work has its own Air Handling Unit providing
conditioned air. The Retail space receives unconditioned ventilation air
from the base building.

If I follow the LEED V4 guidelines, Method 2 under the 'Contribution of the
Base Building HVAC and Service Water Heating Systems', is it sufficient to
model only our scope of work (Retail Space) and pro-rate the central plant
capacities etc based on the area ratio of our scope versus whole building?

Thanks,

*Shilpa Surana*