[Bldg-sim] Cooling Degree-Days For Jamaica

fraij fraij at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 18:55:27 PDT 2023

Hello Paul,It might be difficult to find the CDD of Jamica based on 10 C but you can calculate it if you have the mean daily temperature over 365 daysRegardsAhmadSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: "Paul A. Hay via Bldg-sim" <bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org> Date: 4/11/23  12:34 pm  (GMT+10:00) To: bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org Subject: [Bldg-sim] Cooling Degree-Days For Jamaica
    I am in the process of revising the Jamaica Energy Conservation
      Code and would appreciate any advise on the captioned matter.
    Jamaica's current building code classifies it as being in zone 1
      of the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC): which is
      equivalent to the classification for Puerto Rico, U.S.Virgin
      Islands, and Hawaii.  However the 2021 IECC has introduced a new
      climatic zone '0' for extremely hot climates.  The previously
      mentioned islands have retained the zone 1 classification.  So we
      wish to confirm whether the same applies to Jamaica.
    Based on the 2021 IECC definitions, their climate zones are
      dependent on the range of cooling degree-days (CDD) above 10
      degrees Celsius (C), as follows:
    Zone   Cooling Degree Days > 10 deg. C
    0          CDD> 6,000
    1           5,000 < CDD < 6,000
    Jamaica's current code simply describes it's capital,Kingston, as
      having cooling degree-days above 18 deg. C. that is greater than
      3,235.  Could any of you advise where I could find Jamaica's
      cooling degree days above 10 deg. C., so that a decision can be
      made as to which climate zone is applicable?