[Bldg-sim] Experienced energy modeler job opening (Canada, any location)
CVernon at cagbc.org
Wed May 5 12:59:32 PDT 2021
The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) is the national leader and expert in advancing the building industry toward Every Building Greener. CaGBC is the licensed provider of LEED®, WELL(tm) and other green building rating systems in Canada.
CaGBC is seeking experienced Reviewers at the intermediate/senior level as members of teams conducting certification reviews of projects in Canada pursuing LEED certification, and will learn to support CaGBC's Zero Carbon Building (ZCB) certification, and the Investor Confidence Project's (ICP) IREE certification. The role may be full time, part time, or contract, depending on the suitable candidate. See job posting here<https://www.cagbc.org/Archives/EN/JobPostings/leed_reviewer.aspx>.
Location: Ottawa or Vancouver or remotely within Canada
* In-depth technical review of project documentation (including calculations and construction drawings) for compliance with LEED requirements, the Zero Carbon Building Program, and the ICP protocols
* Quality control (QC) review of work done by review teams and colleagues to review design documents (plans, specifications, shop drawings) to ensure that the intended energy efficiency measures are being incorporated into the design
* Provide technical subject matter expertise on issues related to building energy performance and modelling, HVAC&R systems, and indoor air quality
* Provide technical support to CaGBC's Customer Service team
* Provide technical and administrative oversight of Credit Interpretation Requests (CIRs)
* Provide technical advice in development and research opportunities
* An experienced energy modeler with at least 3 years' experience with LEED certification and demonstrated proficiency in building performance analysis/energy modeling
* Post-secondary education in mechanical, electrical, building systems or sustainability, and LEED AP credential
* A subject matter expert in the field of Energy/HVAC, with experience with Building Sciences, Lighting, Electrical systems, and Envelope; Fundamental understanding of mechanical systems
* Understanding and knowledge of Architectural, Electrical / Mechanical Drawings
* Professional designation is an asset (CET, P. Eng., BEMP, etc.)
* Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and independently
* Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
* Bilingualism is strong asset
CaGBC's inclusive culture provides:
* A fast-paced, dynamic work environment
* An opportunity to work with a collaborative team of expert green building professionals
* A work environment committed to continually develop technical expertise
* Work with a forward-thinking, friendly group of green-minded professionals
* A competitive salary and benefits package
* Work/life balance, flexible hours, casual dress, 11 statutory holidays, and paid time off between Christmas & New Years in addition to comprehensive vacation leave.
To Apply: Please submit a brief cover letter and resume (please detail your energy model experience) on or before May 24, 2021 to recruitment at cagbc.org<mailto:recruitment at cagbc.org>.
Cloelle Vernon, B.Eng, LEED® AP BD+C, O+M
Manager - Energy/HVAC
Canada Green Building Council<http://www.cagbc.org/> / Conseil du bâtiment durable du Canada<http://www.cbdca.org/>
1021 West Hastings Street, Suite 550, Vancouver, BC, V6E 0C3
Customer Service: info at cagbc.org<mailto:info at cagbc.org> or Toll Free: 1.866.941.1184
Email: cvernon at cagbc.org<mailto:cvernon at cagbc.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bldg-sim