[Bldg-sim] Simulation of radiant cooling concrete wall

Mohammad Rezvanpour moh.rzv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 00:00:02 PDT 2021

Hi friends,
I hope you all are doing well.

I'd like to simulate a hydronic radiant cooling system. Through pipes,
water goes inside a masonry/concrete wall and cools down the room
temperature. We will use the warmed water for another purpose. What I am
interested in is how the wall would perform in terms of energy
performance/thermal response, how the air temperature would fluctuate when
in contact with the wall, how long pipe I need, etc.

Do you think EnergyPlus can be used in order to simulate this type of
system or similar ones?
My experience with EnergyPlus is limited, so I would appreciate any help
you can provide. Thank you very much for your assistance in advance.

If you have suggestions about the best software for this type of work, I
would appreciate it.

Best,
Mohammad

--
*Kind regards,*

Mohammad Rezvanpour
PhD student of Building Science and Engineering
*(CEE department), *Donadeo Innovation Centre for Engineering (DICE)*,
*University
of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada