[Bldg-sim] NECB - MURB Reference Heating Type

Aaron Smith asmith at mreng.ca
Mon Feb 18 08:44:21 PST 2019

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response.  It would make sense if the Reference Building were also a WLHP but based on AHRI definitions I think a WHLP is pretty clearly not:

a.      an “air-cooled unitary <http://www.ahrinet.org/Certification/AHRI-Certification-Programs/Unitary-Air-Conditioner-Equipment> ” product,

b.      a packaged terminal air conditioner <http://www.ahrinet.org/Certification/AHRI-Certification-Programs/Packaged-Terminal-Air-Conditioners>  or heat pump <http://www.ahrinet.org/Certification/AHRI-Certification-Programs/Packaged-Terminal-Heat-Pumps> , or

c.      a fan coil.

A WLHP is water-cooled unitary product.

If they simply said “unitary” or “air-cooled or water-cooled unitary” then it would makes sense to me that you model an identical system but they specifically state “air-cooled unitary”.

Aaron

Aaron Smith, P.Eng

Principal, Mechanical Engineer

LEED® AP BD+C, BEMP, BEAP, CGD