[Bldg-sim] NECB - MURB Reference Heating Type

Chris Hadlock cjhadlock at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 07:27:21 PST 2019

Hi Aaron,

The way I would interpret it is the Reference system will be identical to
your Proposed system (i.e. WLHP connected to fossil fuel boiler). If you
had a air-source, water-source (i.e. river, lake) or ground-source, then
you would have to worry about auxiliary heating (per Section 8.4.4.13.2).
The "through-the-wall" system only applies in the otherwise case (i.e. when
your system is not one of the ones listed).

This is my interpretation - I'd be interested to hear others.

Chris