[TRNSYS-users] Error Code 306

Melih Meric melihmeric at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 05:32:56 PST 2023

Hi Everyone,

I have faced a problem within my project, and the problem is Error
Message 306.

I have copied some part of the listing file o my project. What does
the FORMAT mean in TRNSYS what should I do to solve these 3 error
messages?

Listing file for: "C:\Users\Melih Meriç\Desktop\TRNSYS SAVE
FOLDER\BM1_maxheatload.d18"

*** Notice at time        :         0.000000
     Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
     Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
     Message               : The TRNSYS Executable (TRNExe.exe) and
main DLL (TRNDll.dll) are located in "C:\TRNSYS18\Exe"

  *** Pre-Processing the TRNSYS EQUATIONs and CONSTANTs to check for
fatal errors.

  *** Pre-Processing of EQUATIONs and CONSTANTs completed with no
fatal errors found.

  *** Evaluating the EQUATIONs and CONSTANTs to determine their initial
values.

  *** Finished evaluating the EQUATIONs and CONSTANTs and ready to
begin processing the remainder of the TRNSYS input file.

   VERSION        18

*** Fatal Error at time   :         0.000000
     Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
     Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
     TRNSYS Message    306 : Illegal FORMAT specification given. You
may be missing a parentheses or you may be missing the required space
between the T in FORMAT and the open parentheses. NOTE: format
statements must be enclosed in paretheses as in: (F8.2,1X,F8.2)
     Reported information  : Error 306

*** Notice at time        :         0.000000
     Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
     Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
     TRNSYS Message    503 : Just before reporting the error while
processing the TRNSYS input file, the TRNSYS processor was performing
the task listed in the reported information line below.
     Reported information  : Processing the keyword: FORMAT

*** Fatal Error at time   :         0.000000
     Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
     Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
     Message               : Errors found while processing the TRNSYS
input file.

The Following UNIT Numbers, TYPE Numbers, and Logical Units Were Used
in the Supplied TRNSYS Input File:
                                                          4
                                                          6
                                                          9